Based on current developments, the current Corona policy of the Netherlands, the possibility of travelling to many countries TU/e has partnerships with for exchange worldwide and the further relaxation of Corona measurements in many countries since the beginning of this year, TU/e will allow all forms of physical mobility again under the following conditions:
- Outgoing mobilities of all types (courses, internships, and thesis research projects) during AY 2022-2023 is allowed to green, yellow and in some cases to “Covid” Orange countries (temporary exception (1), conditions apply). This goes for countries within and outside Europe.
- Incoming exchange during AY 2022-2023 is allowed except from countries for which a travel ban applies.
- In all cases travelling to code red countries is not allowed.
- In all cases TU/e respects and follows the guidelines from RIVM and the general travel advice issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (BZ) regarding the area (country) concerned. The other important source to determine if physical mobility outside Europe is possible, as well as incoming exchange students can come to TU/e, is the EU safe list. This list will be used as reference by internationalization coordinators at the department.
This advice and the aforementioned conditions also apply to study trips organized by TU/e study associations.
(1) “Temporary exception: Students may be permitted by exception to do an internship, thesis, or exchange programme (courses) in a code orange area, but only if the colour code is orange due to Corona and if all conditions mentioned in the ‘Exception procedure travelling to code orange countries (Corona)’ have been met. See information in the column on the right of this page.
International Experience Policy AY 22-23
This policy states that a student will not be given permission to travel abroad if their destination is designated as high-risk by the Dutch government (in other words: ‘code red’ or ‘code orange’ according to the Dutch travel advisories). In such cases, the International Experience Policy AY 22-23 states that the student is required to cancel or postpone their stay abroad. In addition to the current policy, it has been decided that in certain situations students can request for an exception to the current exchange policy and can get permission to travel to a code orange country for an internship/ graduation project.
Exception request procedure
In order to receive permission for an exception you must submit an exception request. Considering the specific circumstances and risks and the presence of possible preventive measures or lack thereof, the TU/e Advisory Committee will make a binding decision. Please check the document ‘Exception procedure travelling to code Orange countries (during pandemic) for the guidelines and details. You can ask your internationalization coordinator at the department of your studies to receive the requesting form (as Word file) to ask for an exception. An example of this form can be found in the document in the column on the right of this webpage.
Ben jij ambitieus, ondernemend en een tweede- of derdejaars bachelor student? Wil jij deze zomer Azië, specifiek China, op academisch, business en cultureel niveau ontdekken? Dan is de NAHSS misschien wel wat voor jou!
De Netherlands-Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS) biedt jaarlijks 70 ambitieuze studenten de kans om uitgebreid kennis op te doen over China en Azië. Deze studenten nemen deel aan een uitgebreid programma waarin de Chinese academische wereld, bedrijfsleven en cultuur worden belicht.
De Netherlands-Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS) is een unieke samenwerking tussen Nederlandse universiteiten, vier ministeries en meer dan tien Nederlandse en Chinese multinationals. Onze geselecteerde studenten volgen een voorbereidend traject vanaf eind maart tot aan de zomervakantie (5-10u/week) en een business- en cultuurreis naar Singapore en Maleisië (+- 3 weken).
Looking for an internship to launch your career in 2023? Internships in the Valley coaches talented Masters and PhD students to find an internship at innovative startups and companies in Silicon Valley and beyond.
What do we offer?
- Academy program to guide students to secure an internship in the US
- Support with visa applications and pre-departure preparations
- Local networking events throughout the internship
Are you interested? We are looking for students that are:
- Innovative thinkers with a proactive mentality
- Currently enrolled as a Masters or PhD student at a Dutch research university, or graduated less than a year ago
Apply now! Applications are open from 1 Nov – 15 Dec 2022, so be sure to not miss out on this opportunity. Check out the website for more information about how to apply.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter for regular updates about new participating companies and life in the heart of tech!
Vanwege de coronamaatregelen is er momenteel geen wekelijks spreekuur van Going Abroad. Neem met dringende vragen contact op met het International Office van jouw faculteit. Ook kun je altijd een afspraak inplannen met Petri van de Vorst.