Master Computer Science and Engineering in Afbouw 2016
The Master program in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) gives a broad view of computer science from both a scientific and an engineering perspective, and provides ample opportunities for specialization. The program offers four different streams: Data Science, Software Science, Systems Science, and Web Science. Each stream has a core program of five courses, and a large list of stream electives from which you can choose. There is also ample room in the program to choose electives from outside your stream.
A graduate from the Master program:
- is qualified to degree level in the domain of science, engineering and technology
- is competent in the relevant domain-specific discipline, namely computer science and engineering
- is capable of acquiring knowledge independently
- approaches computer-science problems in a thorough and scientifically founded manner
- is capable of critical thinking, can reason logically and form opinions
- has design skills, presentation skills, and communication skills
- has insight into the role of computer science in industry, society, and science
- and, in addition to a recognizable domain-specific profile, possesses a sufficiently broad basis to be able to work in an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary context
In addition to these general learning outcomes, CSE graduates should also be experts in the subarea of computer science that they specialize in.
The qualification to teach computer science to senior secondary school pupils is coupled to the 3TU program Science Education and Communication (SEC). This program encompasses 120 credits. In Eindhoven it is offered by the Eindhoven School of Education (ESoE). In the Education track of the SEC program, a student specializes in one of four disciplines: maths, physics, chemistry or computer science. Please note that the SEC program is completely lectured in Dutch!
BSc graduates in computer science are directly admitted to the SEC-program. So are MSc graduates from a computer science oriented program; their SEC-program is reduced to 60 credits because of exemptions. For this last category an even shorter route is available by taking the double degree program, which amounts up to 150 credits. Enrollment is required for both Master programs (one main enrollment and a second enrollment). Certificates will be granted after completion of the whole program.
Details about the curriculum are available at the ESoE website: http://www.tue.nl/esoe/