Students who have completed one of the following programs in higher vocational education (HBO) in computer science are eligible to participate in the pre-Master program:
Computer Science & Engineering
Information and Communication Technology
To be admitted to one of our pre-master programs the candidates should meet the entrance requirements for Mathematics and English. These entrance requirement must have been met by passing an entrance test by September 1, 2018 in order to be enrolled as of September 1, 2018 (by February 1, 2019 in order to be enrolled as of February 1, 2019). By requiring these two entrance tests, we want to make sure your level of mathematics and English is corresponding with the level you need to be able succeed in a TU/e pre-Master program. Based on these tests, you could reconsider your choice or increase your chances by working at your Math and / or English level.
• For Mathematics the entrance requirement is a certificate for the preliminary examination in Mathematics T or B. To obtain this certificate you can either take a preliminary examination at the Open University, or at Boswell-Beta in Utrecht.
Exemption from Mathematics test:
- Students with the pre-university (VWO) certificate Mathematics B are exempted from this requirement.
• For English the entrance requirement is a recent certificate (no older than two years) from one of the following examination organizations:
- TOEFL certificate; score of at least 90 in the internet-based test AND a minimum score of 21 for each section
- IELTS certificate; score or at least 6.5 in the academic test and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English of the Certificate in Advanced English (University of Cambridge).
Exemptions from English test:
- Students with the pre-university (VWO) certificate are exempted from this requirement.
- Students who have followed at least their entire Bachelor’s degree or the last 3 years of their High School in the following countries are exempted for the requirement to submit one of the above-mentioned language tests: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK and USA. Please, note that following HBO program in English in the Netherlands does not give this exemption.
To enrol follow the steps described at: