At TU/e’s Industrial Design department we consider our students junior employees working at our design studio. This means you are given the opportunity to work on projects for clients, use the labs and facilities of our department, and learn and grow as a designer. Being a junior employee also comes with a responsibility, to yourself and the department. We expect you to behave in a professional manner, take care of your, the department’s and other people’s belongings and make the most of your time studying here. As a junior employee you are expected to work on your classes and projects full-time in the Atlas building. This provides opportunity for exchange of knowledge and experience. It also enables expertise and community building for the individual and the department of Industrial Design.
The department of Industrial Design is housed in the Atlas building.
The Atlas building is open from 7:00 – 20:00h on workdays. Atlas is closed during the weekends.
B2-M1 students have flexible work placesin their squads for squad work. M2 students are located per track and have a designated desk. The red areas on floors 2 and 4 through 8 are fitted with general workspaces and are free to use for any kind of study related work.
To find the exact locations of squads, labs, workshops and Educational affairs, open the Atlas floorplan from the Forms and Files page and zoom in.
Please be aware that Atlas is an open and shared building. Help prevent theft by keeping an eye on your and others personal belongings and don’t leave valuables unattended in the spaces.
The Code of Conduct on the Forms and Files page states the complete code of conduct rules and guidelines you need to adhere to as a junior employee. The general rules are listed below.
For more information about the code of conduct or about the workspaces in Atlas, you can contact the Studio Coordinator whose details can be found on the Contact page.
- Always leave the space clean and tidy after using it.
- Please be considerate and keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Respect the spaces and furniture provided, do not break, paint, scratch or disassemble anything that is not your property.
- Furniture may not be moved, especially between spaces.
- The use of electrical equipment such as water boilers, toast-irons and coffee machines is not allowed in the spaces.
- Paint, glue or any aerosols may not be used in the spaces.
- Paper/materials may not be cut on the tables without proper cutting mats.
- Respect each others materials, prototypes and personal belongings. Please don’t take or touch what is not yours.