The Examination Committee must guarantee the quality of the exam and the degree. The legislator has given specific tasks and authority to the Examination Committee.
- To determine objectively and in a professional manner whether a student meets the requirements as stated by the education and exam regulation, with respect to knowledge, understanding and skills needed to obtain a degree.
- To secure the quality of exams.
- To determine the guidelines and directions to asses and determine the exam results within the scope of the PER.
- To grant exemptions for taking one or multiple exams.
- To secure the quality of the organization and procedures concerning exams.
- To take measures in case of fraud.
- To assign examiners for taking the exam and determining it’s results.
- To distribute the degree certificate and added diploma supplement, to prove that the exam is finished successfully.
- To grant permission to a student to follow a flexible degree program, of which the exam results in obtaining a degree.
- To distribute a declaration of the completed exams to whom has passed multiple exams, but whom cannot be given a degree certificate.
- To draft a yearly report about its tasks.
The Examination Committee needs to decide about many different matters, which are arranged in the WHW. Examples are:
- Decision to permit a flexible degree program.
- Decision to assign exemptions.
- Approval of the program of examinations of a student.
- Decision to grant a degree, that is a student meets the learning outcomes of the study program.
- Decision to grant a judicium, like Cum Laude.
- Decision to grant other forms of examination, in case a student has a functional disability.
- Decisions concerning the common examination policy of a study program, for example to determine an assessment form for the final projects.
- To draft guidelines for examiners.
- To impose penalties for fraud and plagiarism.
- To assign examiners.
- Decision on request about the extension of the validity of an exam.
- Decision to grant extra exam opportunities.
- To determine alternative tracks (for example with transition of curriculum).
- Approval of the parts obtained abroad.
Not every decision needs to be taken by the complete Examination Committee.
Want to know more? Contact the Examination Committee ME via the contact form below.