The mentor system in place at IS aims to aid the student through his/her master program. The role of the mentor is to help and guide the student in making decisions that affect the specialization of the student, the location, content and planning of the international semester, and the preparations related to the master thesis project (MTP). The mentor is the contact person for the student throughout the master program, and is primarily responsible for guiding the students in the master program. While likely, it is not definite that the mentor will also become the first supervisor of the MTP.
When assigned to a student, the task of the mentor is to:
- discuss the development plan of the student based on the TUe Diagnostic Test of Professional Skills.
- discuss (and sign) the Declaration concerning the TU/e Code of Scientific Conduct (on this page in Form01 Mentor Assignment).
- assist the student in selecting electives
- mentor the student in making a choice for an international destination and selection of courses;
- assist the student with developing a thesis topic, and choosing the first supervisor