De Bacheloropleiding Biomedische Technologie bestaande uit de majoren Biomedische Technologie (BMT) en Medische Wetenschappen en Technologie (MWT) heeft tot doel de studenten kennis, inzicht en vaardigheden bij te brengen op het gebied van Biomedische Technologie.
De leerdoelen van de opleiding (domein specifieke vereisten) zijn als volgt beschreven in het Engels:
B.Sc. BMT students acquire
Knowledge and understanding:
- Basic beta disciplines: mathematics, sciences, and engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemical engineering and applied physics) to be applied in the field of Biomedical Engineering in a broader sense; i.e. including directly adjacent fields.
- Life sciences: physiology, (cell-) biology, anatomy, biochemistry, pharmacology and pathology as applicable in the field of Biomedical Engineering
- As demonstrated in their recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning at the BSc level with a high level of autonomy.
B.Sc. BMT students learn to
Apply knowledge and understanding:
- Of mathematics, sciences and engineering to model and solve simple biomedical problems.
- To model and solve simple biomedical problems.
- Involving the making of measurements on and the interpretation of simple data from living systems, addressing the problems associated with the interaction between living and non-living materials and systems at a basic level.
- Involving the ability to translate simple clinical or health-relevant problems or questions into an experiment, system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- To advise in issues like clinical research in biomedical engineering, diagnosis and therapy, governed by scientific research or modelling.
- By demonstrating an awareness of potential societal and ethical implications of scientific research in Biomedical Engineering and, in this context, an ability to critically evaluate the effects of his/her research.
- By bridging the gap between fundamental and applied research in biomedical engineering and medical (life) sciences by:
- Demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively in Dutch in written and verbal form, and
- Collaboration in a multidisciplinary setting.
Wil je meer weten? Neem contact met ons op via onderstaand contactformulier.